Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day 2

I love, love, love waking up to the sound of the ocean. I lift my head and the sun is just rising and I can see waves from the bed. Heavenly! First thing of the day is a long walk, along the beach. The sun is barely up, I don't think I have ever walked at this time of day. It was beautiful. I walked for over an hour. Jim went east and I went west. My walk was both along the water, by the golf course and exploring the property. Fun but worked up a hunger.

When we got back we decided we need to go on a fresh fruit run so we drove a few miles to a little stand and returned with fresh apple bananas, papaya and some weird fruit that I have no idea what it is. Also stopped at the market for water and juice. The hotel charges $3.50 for a small bottle of water, not going to pay that! On the way back we stopped at Pipeline for a while. There was a body boarding contest going on, really a big deal, some big championship tournament with the top body boarding surfers in the world competing. Kind of our version of the Olympics. Fun to watch.

After we got home (yes it is feeling like home) we changed and went to the beach. Since we start at 6:30, it is still only 10:30. We found our spot under an umbrella and this is where we will spend the day. For Jim snorkeling and swimming, for me reading and getting my feet wet. I will snorkel but not today. I love my new Kindle and love reading. It is slow reading because I keep stopping to look at the scenery. I just want to take it all in and remember it.

Once again we watched the sunset, waiting for the green flash but no green flash today. Sometimes if it is really clear in Hawaii right before the sun sets at the last minute there will be a green flash before the sun completely disappears. Not clear enough today, still a few clouds.

While waiting for the sunset we watched some surfers being towed by a jet ski out to the huge waves. There were two of them with the jet skis and it really made a difference in the rides they caught. The waves were enormous and the rides like something you would see in a movie. It was just awesome. I loved watching them in the tube. I wish I could still surf. I should never have stopped. It is sad to think of the things I could have kept doing if I would have tried a little harder. I was just so busy with babies many things took a back seat and now my balance is so bad I can hardly walk on rocks. We staying until dark, loving every minute of it.
Decided to do room service tonight and go to bed early.

No comments: