Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Baby Shower

I had a fun baby shower for Nicole Dunn last night. She just adopted a little girl and so I offered my house to host it. No problem. Unfortunately the person who was going to do games, couldn't come. Only one person who was to bring refreshments sent them. Lucky for me I always worry about these things and sent Jim to Costco for a big cake. I thought it would be for backup, but thank heavens it was here or we would have had no games and no refreshments. Crazy. It was a good turnout, about 35 people showed up and she was very appreciative. I was glad to do it, but hate it when someone says they will do something and then blows you off. I would rather just do it all myself and know I won't have any last minute surprises.

I did buy a really cute water dispenser for it that I will get lots of use out of. Unfortunately, I called Pier One and asked if they had any water dispensers and was told they one had a ceramic lemonade one. Sounded like it would work, asked how much. She said $15.00 so I told the girl to put it by the cash register and I would send Jim down. He went and it was cute, very happy, until he said, "Do you know how much this thing cost?" I told him $15.00. No the girl lied....it was $50.00!!!! I would never have bought it if I had a clue. But too late now, they don't do returns and it is really cute. What a pity.

5 comments:

DANI KYNASTON said...

That would drive me nuts! I hate it when people flake out!!! I am afraid I inherited your paranoia. We just had a work party for over 40 people. The person planning said only one other person was bringing desserts. So, I had to make two. I just can't help it being from a big family. We ended up bringing home tons of brownies, but at least I was prepared. You never know - and it would be a tragedy to not have dessert!

Mike, Suzann and Family said...

I think the water dispenser is adorable! :)

The Northwest Bunch said...

I am always planning parties so I know that it goes the right way. I do not know if that is being a "hosting snob" but it works!

About the water dispenser sorry to hear that you paid $35 extra dollars, but think of it as a investment for many more parties to come.

Weston Family said...

That's great that the Dunn's got to adopt again. Lucky girl.

Kricket said...

Nicole's baby shower was really nice. I was really happy for her that so many ppl came. You do a great job despite all the problems.