Saturday, October 4, 2008

Fridays with Jim and Ginger

Delicious and Beautiful! For this Friday we decided to take a short drive down to San Diego Harbor. It only took about 20 minutes to get there. Of course the main reason was to stop by Anthony's and have a delicious shrimp boat. For years this has been a family favorite. They have lots of things to choose from but we always come back to the shrimp boat. When the kids were little the containers actually looked like boats, now they just look like they taste - delicious!



Even though you can sit out front or on the side patio, we always go the far back and sit on the outside deck where we can see the water lapping beneath our feet. I love the smell of the ocean, the sounds of the gentle water and the seagulls squawking. The view is unobstructed and amazing. A gentle ocean breeze lifts your hair and cools you off. I think I have found heaven!


We talk and linger until the sun starts to set. A few sailboats drift by. We gaze at the large ships docked across the harbor. A naval carrier is there tonight as well as a luxury yacht. We watch the airplanes land and take off at Lindbergh Field. A helicopter Flies overhead. We enjoy the setting of the sun. It won't be going into the ocean today, there is a fog bank in the distant so the sun slips behind it and the fog bank is rimed with gold. I never forget why I love San Diego when I am here. It really is paradise.


6 comments:

sherry said...

I need to stop reading about your weekend escapades. It just makes me jealous! I think all Proffitts are drawn to the beach. It is our natural habitat;) I am surprised more of us haven't settled closer to it. Keep it coming! At least we can live vicariously through you!;)

Juli said...

I was JUST telling the kids about our trips to Anthony's! Oh, we had so much fun! It makes me sad that they don't do the boats anymore. I love that you and Dad are getting out and sharing it with us. Great memories! You and Dad always made life so much fun for us. Thank you!!

Mike, Suzann and Family said...

Our kids love Anthony's... That used to be Michael's beat, so we would go down there and have dinner with him while he was at work. The kids love the Fish and Chips. It is fun carrying on what Mike did as a kid...

Shelli said...

It's a crime they did away with the boats! That was almost the best part! That and the skinny fork they gave you. Thanks for reviving the memories, Mom -- we love it!

goingsome said...

Oh YUM! We are going to have to take the kids there. The shrimp looks yummy. In all the years that I lived in San Diego, I have never been to Anthony's. I guess I will have to explore that one.

DANI KYNASTON said...

I am glad that you and dad are doing so many fun things. It gives me hope for all the fun Brent and I can have when we aren't all-consumed with kids. It looks like it was another beautiful day.