Monday, September 29, 2008

I love rainbows!


This week I am grateful for rainbows!

I awoke early this morning to the wonderful rumblings of thunder. I opened one eye and smiled at Jim. It was going to be a good day. For some thunder may be ordinary, but for us it is an unexpected treat. We laid in bed just listening to the boom for a while, the dawn is approaching, the room is starting to get lighter, kind of a pink glow. I don't see to many sunrises. My niteowl personality misses most of them. I dozed for awhile amid the symphony of sizzling lightning and rounds of thunder claps. Now the room was a soft light and I crawled out of bed to see the beginnings of a gentle rain.

As I looked out my bedroom window I was delighted with a full and complete rainbow. I could see it from end to end. Brilliant and perfect. I remember the promise the Lord made to Noah as he placed this priceless gift in the skies. I was overcome with gratitude for this magnificent and glorious world we live in. It's beauty is indescribable.


Today will be muggy, the heat and the tiny amount of rain will make bring about the humidity. So my hair will curl. Oh, yes! It's going to be a great day!

5 comments:

DANI KYNASTON said...

I love thunder and lightning too. It is fairly common here and gets quite wild but I still love it! I am so grateful that you and dad have taught us to love the world and it's beauty. Brent and I were talking about that as we drove up through Shenandoah National Park. It is a blessing!

Vidal's Nest said...

Fantastic pictures! I love rainbows too. And a great storm!

Vidal's Nest said...

Your blog turned out really cute!

Shelli said...

I remember the thunder and lightning storms when I went to visit Cari in Georgia. Fantastic! Funny how we all grew up loving them instead of fearing them. I'm passing that on to my kids, too!

Conforto Clan said...

Woman you should write a book! I gain so much wisdom every time I listen to you whether it be blog or in person, you inspire me.