Thursday, March 19, 2009

You might like this.

I thought I would share the beginning of my talk at Enrichment. I think the talk was OK. It was short and sweet. Since we hadn't eaten yet, no one wanted it to last too long. It was really a great night. I have the most amazing enrichment committee. I never have to worry about a thing. They just step up and do it all, and they do it wonderfully well. We had a DVD of the different sisters talking about Relief Society. Our theme was Relief Society and Me. (Does anyone know how to put a DVD on your computer? I want to put it on the RS blog, but have to first put it on my hard drive. Help!). After the program we had a delicious dinner. Laura was in charge of the dinner and hopefully she will put her pasta recipe on her blog. It is a good one to do at home.

Today is my Dr. appointment, can't eat all day. I'm hungry already. So sad.

Here is the beginning of my talk.

M. Russell Ballard "A Woman's Lifeline."
Age 3: She looks at herself and sees a Queen.
Age 8: She looks at herself and sees Cinderella.
Age 15: She looks at herself and sees an Ugly Duckling. ("Mom, I can't go to school looking like this!")
Age 20: She looks at herself and sees "too fat/too thin, too short/too tall, too straight/too curly"—but decides she's going out anyway.
Age 30: She looks at herself and sees "too fat/too thin, too short/too tall, too straight/too curly"—but decides she doesn't have time to fix it so she's going out anyway.
Age 40: She looks at herself and sees "too fat/too thin, too short/too tall, too straight/too curly"—but says, "At least I am clean," and goes out anyway.
Age 50: She looks at herself and sees "I am what I am" and goes wherever she wants to go.
Age 60: She looks at herself and reminds herself of all the people who can't even see themselves in the mirror anymore. Goes out and conquers the world.
Age 70: She looks at herself and sees wisdom, laughter, and ability. Goes out and enjoys life.
Age 80: Doesn't bother to look. Just puts on a purple hat and goes out to have fun with the world.

4 comments:

The Northwest Bunch said...

You are so amazing with your words. I love the whole talk. We just had our Enrichment too. It was "Our Favorite Things". I am on the committee and had a blast putting it together. Everyone shared and exchanged their favorite thing with one another. We served dinner as well. It was a lot of fun for all!!

Lynda said...

Glad you're getting busy... me too, but they're really messing with us now. New HVCC will go into effect on 5/1 unless the courts stop it, and Katie bar the door. It'll be a nightmare of unheard proportions... can't wait. Perhaps I may be doing another career change at this point in my life....

Love your talk. Need to look in the mirror I guess so I can conquer the world.

WHAT's the deal with the Dr? Let us all know...
Love you!

Juli said...

Love it!! Your talks are always so good.

go to Cassia's blog.
dreamerdancer@blogspot.com
dress pictures :D

DANI KYNASTON said...

Love the quote. Hopefully I will have that much wisdom when I am 80. If I survive that long.