Sunday, April 5, 2009

Fridays with Jim and Ginger


This Friday we took a short trip to Carlsbad to see the flower fields. The Ranuculas were in full bloom. It was just gorgeous. We got out and walked around a little. We didn't go up into the fields because they now charge $10 apiece and I thought that was crazy. So I saved the $20 and bought 3 bouquets for $12. Quite a savings and I get to enjoy them for a week.

It was a gorgeous day and you could see the ocean sparkling in the background when you went to the top of the fields. It really makes you feel like Spring is here.




3 comments:

Shelli said...

It looks beautiful! What a great day to head out to Carlsbad.

Kricket said...

What an awesome idea! I'm so there for some fresh flowers. Did I miss the tulips? <---Favorite flower. =)

Lynda said...

I love the ranunculus... I plant them when I can. This year I blew it and didn't get done early enough. But I have lots of other things now. My deck is lined with flowers.
Jim looks skinny! Or skinnier anyway. Good job!