Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter


I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. It is one of my all time favorite holidays. This year we had a two day celebration. On Friday Shelli and her kids spent the night so she wouldn't have to make the trip twice. The crazy kids wanted to swim on Friday in the freezing cold swimming pool. I couldn't believe they them, but they did it. Johnette and Ana went to Mike and Suzann's for a sleep over. (see their blog) Then on Saturday we had Mike and Suzann join us for our dinner and egg hunt. It was wonderful to spend the day together. As you can see the cousins had a wonderful time together. One of my favorite times was when we were almost ready to go outside to hunt for eggs, we sang Easter songs together. I loved the faces of the children as they relived the past traditions and wanted to make sure nothing changed.

Sunday was a great day for me. It was quiet; which gave me time for reflection. I have been reading the book, The Infinite Atonement. It had already directed my thoughts to the Atonement and what that really means. Not only did the Savior take upon himself our sins, but also all our pains and heartbreaks, illness and disappointments. It was wonderful to listen to the beautiful music and take time to worship and express my gratitude for the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of this and how important it is in my life. Since the book is slow reading with lots of contemplation, I am finding these feelings are staying with me for a long time. Maybe the result will be an improvement in the kind of a person I am. I hope so.

3 comments:

Juli said...

It makes me so homesick to see all the pictures of the grandkids.
Our stake had fast Sunday. At first I thought how weird, then I really thought about it, what a wonderful way to spend Easter! Focusing on the Savior and the atonement. That is how it should be, Christ centered. Our day was perfect. I love you, Mom. You are the best example we children could ask for!

Weston Family said...

Just when I think you can't get any better, you go and get spiritual:) Keep up the good work!

DANI KYNASTON said...

I wish we could have been there. I don't get homesick much anymore - just a little at holidays.

I loved the talks at conference this year. I learned so much about the Savior and the Atonement. I am constantly humbled by the depth of our Savior's love. It makes me want to be a better person.