Monday, July 14, 2008

It's official - I'm certified!

Well this ends a very long training period. I have been taking classes and just passed my final!!!I have decided I really don't like to study anymore and the more I have to memorize the crazier I get. But I must if I want to continue making money; which I do since I am a long way from retirement. I just completed special courses to add the credentials to my resume. I am now certified in loan modification and short sales. Basically I can now help people stay in their houses if they choose by getting the bank to renegotiate their loans or if they can't do that help them with a short sale so they won't have a foreclosure. Now, realize I have been doing this for quite a while, but it is so much more impressive to say "certified", are you impressed? It is sad this is what the real estate market has come to. It doesn't look like the market is going to turn around for several years. This is good news for the buyers, but very difficult if you have to sell your house. A lot of people are getting hurt. I hope by being the best in these niches I will generate some new business. I know I will be helping some people who will not be paying me, but I think the referrals will more than make up for it.

4 comments:

Shelli said...

Congratulations, Mom! It's well deserved. It's not surprising that you look at the service aspect of things as well as the money opportunities. I hope it brings in more business!

goingsome said...

Yeah. One more "certification" under your belt. Helping people is a good thing and the referral business should generate more income for you. It will pay off. Good for you. Glad the studying is done!

Vidal's Nest said...

Good for you! Bet your glad it's over! Plus with the referals it might help bring extra business your way! Anything would be good with the market the way it is!

Kricket said...

Way to go Ginger!!!